Sathyanarayana Puja is performed to beget the blessings of Lord Vishnu in the form of Lord Sathyabarayana. Sathyanarayana worship denotes worshipping the Lord of Highest being, who is an embodiment of Truth. This Puja gives the worshipper a lot of success in life.
Deity Worshipped :
When to perform :
- On a Full moon day (Pournami) or Ekadasi day or on any auspicious day.
- Ideal time: Evenings, preferably after sunset.
Who can perform
Any body can perform this puja, irrespective of the gender, caste & creed. Even unmarried persons can do this Puja
Occassions to Perform
On the eve of a family functions like Marriage..etc, After House warming ceremony of a new house or any other occasion.
Significance and Benefits :
- Helps in achieving goals and fulfilling aspirations.
- Helps to overcome the difficulties faced in life and resolve the problems.
- Improves mental stability of the mind.
- Removes all curses and sins of the past life and lead a healthy, happy and prosperous life.
Main Puja Items :
- Goddess Sathyanarayana Photo /Idol
- Navagraha clothes
- Navagraha Dhanyam
- Fruits and Flowers
- Naivedhya prasadam – White Kesari Sweet
Procedure Involved :
- Anugnai (seeking permission from GOD)
- Vigneshwara Puja (worshipping the remover of obstacles)
- Sankalpam (taking vow)
- Kalasa Puja (water Purification)
- Ganapathyathi Panchalogabala Puja ( Puja for Ganapathi,Brahma,Vishnu,Rudran & Gowri)
- Navagraha Puja
- Indhrathi Ashtathik Balaga Puja ( Puja for Indhran,Agni,Varuna, Vayu,Guberan and other gods representing directions)
- Sri Sathyanarayana Puja
- Dhoopam,Deepam,Naivedhyam…etc ( Complete offering to God)
- Sri Sathyanarayana Vrata Story Reading – 5 parts